Our mission is to promote the best artists from Africa to the top of Global contemporary art.
Unique artworks, carefully selected
AFIKARIS is working with talentuous artists which are recognized as promising by their community and by experts. They all have references in international galeries or artfairs and produce qualitative (and unique) artworks. Our job is to give a long term support to develop the careers of these artists on the international art scene.
Our objective is not to sell Basquiat, Crosby or Chérie Samba artworks, but to help you identify their successors. Of course all artworks are unique and sold with a certificate from the artist.
The right prices, with an artist-centric approach
We directly collaborate with artists, not with galleries. This enables us to propose the most competitive prices of the market. In addition we put artists at the center of our project, give them the right rewards for their work, immediate payment and our full support to develop their carreer.
A seamless experience
On AFIKARIS the experience starts in a workshop in Africa and ends at the door of your living room. Our service includes:
- Artworks shipping to your door
- Custom authorizations and fees payment
- Artwork preparation. We work with the best workshops to magnify your artworks, as for an exhibition. Depending on the type we re-stretch it on canvas, put it on adapted supports, frame it, etc.. When delivered to your door it will be ready to be showcased
- Secure payment
- Free return in the next 14 days after delivery
The founder - Florian Azzopardi
- Son of antique sellers he grew up in art world.
- Fond of sciences he got a graduation from Centrale Paris engineering school.
- After working in finance and consulting he was part of the big success of Jumia: "The Amazon of Africa" where he developed the marketplace of sellers across 5 countries.
- During Jumia years he traveled a lot in Africa, mostly in Nigeria, Egypt, Kenya, Ivory Coast and Morocco, started meeting artists, and purchased his first artworks.
- In 2018, he decided to conciliate his passion for art with his e-commerce and African experience to launch AFIKARIS.